Sunday, December 28, 2008




A couple of years ago I started making 4 of the quilts pictured. I just finished the 3rd one today and have a larger one to finish machine quilting. The quilt in the picture is one row less than the pattern picture shows. I wanted them to be more of a lap quilt than a twin size. They are not show quality, but are just nice cuddly quilts. I put the triangles shapes on squares using invisible machine applique with MonoPoly thread by Superior Threads. My daughter in Seattle is finally getting hers this year. The quilts are made from a free pattern by Moda named "Gatherings". The fabric as well is called "Gatherings" and is probably no longer available. You will notice that I have pretty much duplicated the quilts from the original pattern picture. I have a very hard time imagining a quilt done a way other than pictures from books and patterns. I am a good copier! Moda, like many fabric manufacturers, have many free patterns on their respective websites.

1 comment:

Nedra said...

I down loaded this pattern just the other day! (great minds think alike). I thought it would be a good way to use up scraps. Of course, when will I get to it? That is the million dollar question.