Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Latest Creation and Sunshine!


I decided this week that I needed a break from quilting and took on a project that I said I would never do - an apron. When I visited the Quilt Cottage in Hurricane last week they had an apron on display and I couldn't resist buying the pattern. Several years ago I went on a Mary Engelbreit buying spree and have barely touched the stacks since. When I saw the apron I promptly thought of all that ME fabric taking up space and my mind went to work. This was a very easy pattern and used up some of the stash but not enough to make a dent. So, aprons are on my Christmas gift list and of course they will be made from ME fabric. I have some fabric that wouldn't work cut into strips so I'm going to adapt the pattern to a whole piece of fabric style. This pattern is a good stash buster since it is lined with with an equal amount of fabric.


I have one more quilt that needs binding for the quilt show, but first I have to beat it into submission to make it lay flat. That is on my to do list today. With last week being Spring Break and lots of kiddies in and out of the house, as well as a sick husband moaning and groaning, not much was done in the sewing room. Kids wanted to swim as the weather was so delightful. You can see the new church in the background and notice how close it is to our house. It is actually across the street from our backyard, but since our lot is enclosed by a wall, it isn't just a hop, skip and a jump to get there, but it is wonderful to have it nearby. It is a beautiful building - a little cramped for the 3 large Wards that meet there, but still nice and new and fresh.





1 comment:

Nedra said...

It looks like your granddaughters are having a great time in the pool. It's good to see you were able to get to your machine.