Friday, February 6, 2009

ANOTHER MONSTER (MONSTROUS) QUILT!




Here I am - stalling doing the binding on this quilt. It was quilted well over 3 years ago and I have been hesitant about doing scalloped binding. I thought I was stalling because I didn't know what color to use, but no - it was because of actually dealing with this huge quilt. I have done a little bit (a real little bit) of scalloped binding before but not of this magnitude. I asked several people what color I should use and most of the advice was to use the same white that is in the quilt. Ah, now I had a real excuse - I didn't have enough of that fabric! So the stalling continued until one day I was looking at "the" white fabric and suddenly realized that because of the way it was folded, I acutally had twice as much as originally thought. Dang!! Now what would be my excuse? None - so now I am getting into the acutal chore of doing it! I came across a website with excellent instructions - http://www.lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=38. No excuse now. I even stalled longer by writing Linda Franz with some questions. Now that they have been answered, I am ready to go! I want to enter it in our upcoming quilt show in April, so the heat is on. Wish me luck and patience - please!!

3 comments:

Nedra said...

I love your scalloped quilt! I can hardly wait to see it in the upcoming quilt show. Good luck with the binding.

Jodi Nelson said...

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! I'm visiting for the first time and loving it.

Browndirtcottage said...

Well...from what I can see of this
quilt it is F-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!!