Monday, January 26, 2009

I REALLY LOVE ST. GEORGE!

Why do I say I really love St. George?? Because of the lack of snow! We returned today from the tundra a/k/a Salt Lake City. We encountered a snow storm that we weren't planning on. We sloshed and slid our way back down I-15 realizing that I can stand the summers if I don't have to deal with snow ever again. The purpose of the trip was to see our newest little grandson Beckett. Here he is getting spoiled by Grandpa. He is the cutest little redhead and is loved by all.



Saturday was also his big brother Finn's birthday #5. He is quite the big shot now. He showed us lots of his toys and books and told us all about his adventures at his new school Rowland Hall. His dad - our son David - teaches first grade there and Finn loves going to school with Dad each day and complains if he is picked up too early! I think Finn may grow up to be a meterologist as he can quote anything and everything about tornados in "America's Heartland"! He is quite the guy. Wish they lived closer.


Sunday morning was spent at the weekly broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I wish we could attend every week. If we could, I think I would just call that my church attendance for the week!




Sunday afternoon we traveled down to Highland to stay with some dear friends that we have known for years. We have been practically family for over 20 years and have adopted their kids as our grandkids. We lived near each other in Connecticut and were excited when they followed us out here a year after we moved. Just as we were arriving at their home, the snow started! Horrors!! Its been 10 years since we negotiated driving in snow! When we dug out this morning and began the trek back to St. George, we soon discovered our window washer fluid reservoir was empty and our wipers blades had given up the ghost - no doubt because of the sun in St. George! We stopped to get some new fluid to put in the tank, but the entire line was frozen and the fluid was not going to work. We had snow the entire way down until about 10 miles outside St. George. We decided to make a quick stop at Costco and lo and behold - the fluid started flowing. Ah yes, we love St. George!! I was glad I had some handwork to occupy the time while Paul had the job of getting us home safely. I was able to complete about 40 yo-yo's! I don't know why I need another project, but I am make these little yo-yo's for an elephant made with them. I think I am avoiding the 15+ quilts that need binding. At least it kept my mind occupied and kept my eyes off the road and the big trucks that I thought for sure would run us off the road!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hand bindins is horrible. But I love that little elephant! He is just too cute and would be perfect for a baby!

Nedra said...

Welocme home!