Wednesday, January 14, 2009

YAY - A NEW QUILT STORE!!!!

Today I visited my friends' new quilt store in Hurricane for the third time, but this was the official Grand Opening. It is called "The Quilt Cottage". What a comfy place to shop and visit. I don't think I've ever been in a quilt store when I didn't run into someone I know. This cute shop is busy getting their shelves filled with lots of the newest lines of fabric. They are only held back because the manufacturers have their own time schedule! The owners, Lynette, Wendy and Sariah have done an amazing job renovating with this 'ol house. They literally moved walls, built walls, painted, put in new flooring and the list goes on. The one great thing they have done is created a huge classroom/kitchen from the attached garage. I think the square footage of the classroom is as large as the entire house. They have decorated in such a fashion that you feel like you are at home. Congratulations to the 3 owners and we'll do all we can to help support you in this rotten economy. By the way, all of the owners have been closely associated with different aspects of real estate and we know which direction that has gone! They are a good example of "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". No pun intended Wendy! (her last name is Lemmon)







This is the book recently released by C&T Publishing written by Lynette's sister Helen. I shopped today for the rest of the fabric I need to start this project (like I need another project!) Below is one named "Twilight" made by Lynette. I wonder what books she has been reading??



Here is Sariah busy cutting fabric while on her lunch break from her "real job"! She is a real estate agent along with being a quilt shop co-owner.







I also found a great fabric to make my 3rd "One For The Money" quilt which only requires one - yes one fabric! This one will be a lap quilt and the other 2 are wallhangings which I will post in a couple of days. I'm using a pattern from http://www.grizzlygulchgallery.com/. I really like Ann's patterns. When I saw the fabric I knew it was "the one", but I didn't know how much to purchase. I got on the store's laptop, went to Ann's website and called her. She was very accommodating and I was able to make my purchase without the pattern in hand. Aren't quilters great??

1 comment:

Nedra said...

In your first picture, on both sides are two of my neighbors! Ruth (on the left) is my next door neighbor, and Coleen (on the right) lives a few houses down the street. I didn't realize either one is a quilter. (At least they don't come to our ward quilting group).
It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and have some great ideas underway. Thanks for the phone call yesterday. My ruler came in at Quilted Works.